When it comes to eating lunch at work or school, you or your kids are faced with two choices. You can either buy prepared food from the cafeteria or eat a healthy lunch you prepared at home.
When it comes to a healthy lunch, salads can’t be beaten. Storing your salad in a plastic container and bringing a bottle of dressing isn’t the most convenient option. This is one of the reasons why I love a Mason jar salad because you can stack all the salad ingredients including the dressing and just give them a good shake when you’re ready to eat!
These four pasta salads in a jar recipes by The Domestic Geek are perfect for back-to-school lunches or healthy work lunches. You can have a different salad nearly every day of the week and they are so good.
Watch how to prepare these 4 easy Mason jar salad recipes…
After watching the video, you probably can’t decide which one to make. Why not make them all?! Here are the recipes:
Caesar Pasta Salad in a Jar Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup cooked farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
Creamy Greek Pasta Salad in a Jar Ingredients
- 2 tbsp creamy Greek dressing
- 1 cup cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Mediterranean Tuna Salad in a Jar Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 cup cooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup tuna, flaked
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
Crunchy Ramen Salad in a Jar Ingredients
- 2 tbsp sesame ginger dressing
- 1/4 cup edamame beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mandarin slices
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
If you enjoyed this Mason jar salad recipe, visit The Domestic Geek’s YouTube channel for even more great recipes. Mason jars are also great for dessert too! Check out this cherry pies in a jar recipe!
Please SHARE these awesome back-to-school Mason jar pasta salads with your friends and family.