With the possible exception of the Super Bowl, most people dislike advertisements for products they don’t feel they need. Unlike commercial advertisements like this hilarious Geico ad, these social awareness posters are meant to get our attention and provoke discussions on topics that affect our daily lives and our environment.
Only when an advertisement reaches us emotionally can it be considered effective and these 36 social awareness posters are extremely powerful. I’m sure you can remember some past advertisements that left an impression on you and that is the goal of all social awareness posters and ads.
Note: Some of these social awareness posters contain images that may be disturbing.
1) Amnesty International: It’s Not Happening Here, But It’s Happening Now.
2) FEED SA: See how easy feeding the hungry can be?
3) Innocence In Danger Social Awareness Posters: Where’s The Pedophile?
“The location of a registered pedophile means nothing when they’re not home. Take the right steps to protect your children. Talk to them about the signs of a child predator.”
“You worry about losing your kids in a crowd, pedophiles count on it. Take the right steps to protect your children. Talk to them about the signs of a child predator.”
4) Global Action in the Interest of Animals (GAIA): Plastic Bags Kill – Keep our oceans clean.
5) Ecovia: Stop The Violence – Don’t Drink And Drive.
6) The Endangered Wildlife Trust: Bird conservation – If you don’t pick it up they will.
7) BUND: Every 60 Seconds a Species Dies Out. Each Minute Counts. Each Donation Helps.
8) Elm Grove Police: Slower Is Better.
9) China Environment Protection Foundation (CEPF): Causing Cancer by Yourself.
10) What goes around comes around. Keep the sea clean.
11) Animal Anti Cruelty League (AACL): Stop the Abuse.
12) Reporters Without Borders: Censorship tells the wrong story.
13) ACAT: Victims are people just like you and me.
14) Tailgating Isn’t Worth It. Give Trucks Room. It’s the Law.
15) QUIT: Premature Ending.
“THE END. If you smoke, statistically your story will end 15% before it should. For help with quitting call QUITLINE on 0200 00 22 00.”
16) Thai Health Promotion Foundation: Sleepiness Is Stronger Than You. Don’t Drive Sleepy.
17) LICRA: Your Skin Color Shouldn’t Dictate Your Future.
18) World Wildlife Fund (WWF): Before it’s too late.
Deforestation has an effect on the air we breathe.
19) Father Bob Foundation: For The Homeless, Every Day Is A Struggle.
20) World Wildlife Fund (WWF): Horrifying vs. More Horrifying.
21) The Prevention Beer Mug: Please Don’t Lose Control Over Your Drinking.
22) Greenpeace: Waiting to Exhale. Deforestation Continues with the Turn of a Page.
23) Moms Demand Action: One Child Is Holding Something That’s Been Banned In America To Protect Them. Guess Which One?
“We won’t sell Kinder chocolate eggs in the interest of child safety. Why not assault weapons?”
“We keep ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ out of schools because of the bottle of wine in her basket. Why not assault weapons?”
24) Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC): Air Pollution Kills 60,000 People A Year.
25) Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ): Buckle Up. Stay Alive.
26) Global Coalition for Peace: What Goes Around Comes Around. Stop The Iraq War.
27) Nicotinell: Smoking Causes Premature Ageing.
“Lose the smoke, keep the fire this World No Tobacco Day, 31st May”. Although this is a commercial ad, it provides an important message to stop smoking.
28) UN Women: Actual Google Searches and the Perceptions Of Women.
“Women need to be seen as equal”
“Women should have the right to make their own decisions”
29) World Wildlife Fund (WWF): Don’t buy exotic animal souvenirs.
30) World Wildlife Fund (WWF): Save paper. Save the planet.
31) CARA Welfare Philippines: Same pet, different owner.
32) United Colors of Benetton: Unhate.
“Chancellor of Germany and President of France. United Colors of Benetton Supports the Unhate Foundation – unhatefoundation.org”
“Paramount Leader of the People’s Republic of China and President of the USA. United Colors of Benetton Supports the Unhate Foundation – unhatefoundation.org”
33) Innocence in Danger: Sexual Predators Can Hide In Your Child’s Smartphone.
34) Star Models: You Are Not a Sketch. Say No to Anorexia.
35) Quitsmoke: What We See When You Smoke.
36) Distracted Driving: Think Of Both Sides
“The number of car accidents involving children increases during school holidays. Please be extremely careful!”
A visual advertisement speaks volumes and even if some of these social awareness posters didn’t contain text, we still would get the message. Please share these import social awareness posters with your friends and family.