Over the last 125 years, so much has happened and these vintage photos only represent a minuscule percentage of the amazing people, events, and milestones that were captured by talented photographers.
No time to scroll through the list? Watch this video instead!
We would need thousands of pages to display all the historical photos of individuals and celebrities who have helped shape our world. Here are 30 vintage photos that we found meant a lot to us personally and hope you enjoy them.
1) Vintage photos of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, and George Harrison performing at a wedding reception in 1958.
2) Early construction of the Manhattan Bridge in 1908.
3) Steven Spielberg and Drew Barrymore on the set of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in 1981.
4) Construction of the Eiffel tower in July 1888.
5) One of the first McDonald’s restaurants opened in 1948 and had 9 items. The staple of the menu was their 15-cent hamburger. They added their now world-famous fries to the menu in 1949.
6) Construction of the Golden Gate bridge in 1937.
7) Elvis Presley during his service in the U.S. Army in 1958.
8) Queen Elizabeth during her WWII service.
9) Vintage photos of Robin Williams dressed like a cheerleader in 1980.
10) Bruce Lee dancing.
11) Vintage photos of Diane Keaton and Al Pacino on the set of ‘The Godfather’ in 1972.
12) Vintage photos of Bill Gates discussing the future of PCs with Steve Jobs at the Apple co-founder’s home in Palo Alto in 1991.
13) The Rolling Stones at The Australian Pub in London, England in 1963.
14) Ernest Hemingway’s passport photo in 1923.
15) Vintage photos of Martin Luther King Jr, and Marlon Brando.
16) Vintage photos of Jimi Hendrix and Mick Jagger backstage at Madison Square Garden in 1969.
17) Vintage photos of Charlie Chaplin and Albert Einstein in 1930.
18) Arnold Schwarzenegger visits New York for the first time in 1968 and was visibly impressed with the sights.
19) Bill Gates’ mug shot (22 years old) for driving without a license in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1977.
20) Vintage photos of Martial arts masters Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee.
21) The original Star Wars cast in a group shot before filming their first film, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
22) Vintage photos of Adam West (Batman) & Leonard Nemoy (Spock) playing on a drum set.
23) Unveiled in 1946, the US-built ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer) was the first digital computer ever made and covered an area of 680 square feet.
24) Barack Obama is pictured with his basketball teammates at Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii.
25) Early concept drawings of Mickey Mouse by Walt Disney in 1928.
26) Sam Walton’s Five and Dime opened in 1950 in Bentonville, Arkansas. After much success, Sam Walton opened his first Walmart in 1962 in Rogers, Arkansas.
27) Cameramen recording the lion roar for the infamous MGM logo.
28) The Beatles and Ali in 1964.
29) Audrey Hepburn shopping with her pet deer, Ip, in Beverly Hills, California in 1958.
30) Vintage photos of Madonna, Sting, and Tupac hanging out at the Tribeca Film Festival dinner in 1994.
I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall while some of these photos were being taken. It’s truly amazing how much greatness has been achieved in the last century.
Please share these epic vintage photos with your friends and family.