My all-time favorite dessert has to be cheesecake and Japanese cotton cheesecake is a tasty variation from traditional cheesecake. It is incredibly light and fluffy and with this recipe from YouTuber ochikeron, only uses three ingredients! Just like this leopard cake, your guests are going to be impressed and will surely want a second piece!
All you need is 3 ingredients to create this luscious cheesecake: 3 eggs, 4.3 oz of white chocolate, and 4.3 oz of cream cheese. Watch this video recipe for directions on how to make this Japanese cheesecake and you will want to make one right now because it is so easy to make!
Watch this amazing 3-ingredient Japanese cheesecake recipe…
Ingredients for Japanese cheesecake:
- 3 eggs
- 4.3 oz of white chocolate
- 4.3 oz of cream cheese
Directions for making Japanese cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the egg whites in a large bowl and place egg whites in the refrigerator until ready to use. (makes the meringue more stable).
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place the chocolate pieces in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Then, add cream cheese and combine together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Whip egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks start to form.
- Fold a 1/3 of the meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well. Then, gradually add the rest of the meringue and mix well.
- Grease the parchment paper with oil or butter (to allow the cake to easily slide down when it shrinks, so you can prevent the cake from cracking). Then, line a 15cm (6-inch) round cake pan with the greased parchment paper. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to help remove any air bubbles trapped in the batter.
- Place the round cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 160C (320F) and cook for another 15 minutes. Then, close the oven and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
- When done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
For full recipe and directions, you can also view the video recipe on YouTube. Please share this scrumptious Japanese cheesecake recipe with your friends and family.