If you’re trying to limit your carb intake or are simply sensitive to wheat or gluten, giving up bread is never easy. There are alternatives but one type of bread that is gaining in popularity is cloud bread which is light, airy, and melts in your mouth.
Alyssia at Mind Over Munch is the queen of 2 and 3-ingredient recipes such as these 3-ingredient muffins which are simply delicious. This time, she has created low-carb and high-protein cloud bread that is perfect for snacking and perfect for making burgers or sandwiches. They are also gluten-free and low in calories (only 31 calories each!) so you don’t have to feel guilty while enjoying fluffy cloud bread!
Watch how to make this easy 3-ingredient cloud bread recipe…
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbs cream cheese, full fat.
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp sweetener such as honey or stevia (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat over to 300°F (150°C).
- Place a baking sheet lined with parchment in the oven to preheat the pans.
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites into separate bowls.
- Combine cream cheese, sweetener, and salt with egg yolks. Mix until there are no lumps and cream cheese is well incorporated into the egg yolks.
- Add baking powder to egg whites and beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in egg yolk mixture with egg whites. Combine until you get a light yellow mixture.
- Carefully remove baking sheets from the oven. Now, transfer dollops onto a baking sheet and swirl to make evenly sized rounds. Alternatively, you can make rounded squares if you prefer to make sandwich cloud bread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 300°F (150°C) or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool before transferring them to a plastic bag. A plastic bag will help them stay soft; otherwise, they will have a crunchy meringue texture if you let them dry out. This actually isn’t a bad thing if you prefer to enjoy the cloud bread more like a crunchy snack instead of bread.
>> Download the printable recipe for 3-ingredient no-carb cloud bread from Mind Over Munch (PDF format).
If you thought eating bread without carbs was impossible then you have to try this easy and delicious 3-ingredient cloud bread recipe.
Please share this virtually no-carb gluten-free recipe with your friends and family.