You use many products on a daily basis but some of those products have alternate uses. Alternatively, some of those same products are being uses inefficiently and you may have been using these products wrong your entire life! Enter everyday life hacks…
We tend to use them the same way we first learned how to use them; however, some people have found epic new ways. Here are 20 everyday life hacks for household things you’ve probably been using wrong your entire life.
1) Prevent natural peanut butter from separating into a gooey mess by storing it upside down with everyday life hacks.
As an extra tip, store it in the refrigerator if you like your natural peanut butter a little firmer.
2) If you find condiment cups too small, fan it out first so you can hold more of your favorite stuff!
3) The lower drawer in newer ovens is actually a food warming drawer.
Generally, if you don’t see an element when you open your oven, the lower drawer is a warming drawer.
4) There is a wrong and right way to wear bobby pins.
The right way to wear bobby pins is to have the wavy side against your scalp to better grip your hair.
5) If you have to unclog your sink or toilet, use this everyday life hack to choose the right plunger.
Cup plungers (on the right) are only effective for unclogging sinks while flange plungers (on the left) have an extra bottom flap which creates a tighter seal when unclogging toilets and/or sinks.
6) Prevent bubbles from overflowing when boiling pasta by resting a wooden spoon across it. Don’t ask me how but this everyday life hack just works.
7) The hook handle on your pots and pans double up as a spoon rest.
8) Peel a hard boiled egg without actually peeling it.
Simply tap the bottom and top of the eggs gently to break the shell and blow into the egg while grasping it with your hand. Watch how Tim Ferriss peels his hard-boiled eggs.
9) Chinese food containers double up as plates when unfolded.
10) Prevent chipped nails by using the slot in your keychain bottle opener.
11) To get ketchup to flow out easily, don’t tap the bottom but tap the #57 right on the bottle instead! Gotta love everyday life hacks!
This is a tip straight from Heinz and it works. Apparently, the ketchup flows easier if you tap it right where the bottle begins to narrow and Heinz marked that “sweet spot” with the number 57.
12) That hole in your spaghetti spoon lets you measure one serving of dry pasta.
13) Juice boxes come with handles if you pull out the upper tabs.
14) That hole in your soda can tab is actually meant to hold a straw.
15) Plastic and foil wrap containers have tabs that you push in to secure the roll.
Most containers have these tabs built-in to prevent the roll from slipping out.
16) Everyday life hacks for preventing wrinkles: The loop on some dress shirts is meant to hang your shirt on a hook without getting wrinkled.
17) That small pocket actually was originally created to allow rail workers and cowboys in the 1800’s to store their pocket watches.
Levi’s kept in their jean designs and today people still use it to store anything from coins to condoms.
18) Tic Tac containers have a built-in dispenser in the lid.
Instead of spilling a whole bunch in the palm of your hand, hold the container upside and tilt it sideways as you open the lid. The underside of the lid contains a small crater that perfectly holds one Tic Tac.
19) The easiest everyday life hack to break off a piece of a Toblerone bar is to push on a piece towards the bar.
Are you still confused? Here’s a video demonstrating how to break off a piece with one hand.
20) Most foil lids on pudding and applesauce containers also double up as a spoon.
Whoa. These everyday life hacks just blew my mind!
There is more than one way to use a product and these hacks surely make using them even easier. Please share everyday life hacks for products you’ve been using wrong your entire life with your friends and family.