Some people believe that everybody has somebody that looks exactly like them either now or in the past. Based on the earth’s population and the finite amount of facial features possible, it definitely is plausible to think that we have a twin that resembles ourselves somewhere on earth.
You may have heard the term “doppelganger” which is used to describe someone that has an uncanny resemblance to someone else. These 20 celebrities may have doppelgangers living today but here are important people throughout history that shared looks with some of today’s celebrities, hence historical doppelgangers.
1) Rupert Grint of “Harry Potter” and Scottish painter Sir David Wilkie.
2) Keanu Reeves is older than you think.
3) Ellen DeGeneres and author Henry David Thoreau.
4) Jimmy Fallon and Turkish revolutionist Mahir Canyan.
5) Justin Timberlake and an unknown mugshot.
6) Chuck Norris and artist Vincent VanGogh.
7) John Travolta and an unknown man from the 1860s. Without hair, the unknown man would also resemble Vin Diesel.
8) Nicholas Cage and a man from the Civil War era.
9) Jay Z and an unknown man from Harlem.
10) Bruce Willis and American general Douglas McArthur.
11) Donald Trump and United States Army General George Patton.
12) Paul Giamatti and poet William Shakespeare.
13) Jack Black and the Barber of Seville.
14) Jon Stewart and Christian minister Henry Ward Beecher.
15) Jeffery Tambor and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, Benjamin Franklin.
16) Glenn Close and the first President of the United States, George Washington.
17) Tommy Lee Jones and the 17th President of the United States, Andrew Johnson.
18) Dustin Diamond and this unknown man.
19) Maggie Gyllenhaal and historical journalist and women’s rights leader, Rose Wilder Lane.
20) Britney Spears and Granny Baboon.
H/t: eBaum’s World
Not to upset any Britney Fans, the last one is only a joke! Please share these celebrity historical doppelgangers with your friends and family.