Science World at TELUS World of Science in British Columbia, Canada is a charitable non-profit organization and fantastic science center. Science is about engaging the mind and they’re renowned for their inventive ads produced by ad agency Rethink that provide you with science billboards with interesting facts that might lead you to research it even more and thus, learn more about science.
No time to scroll through the list? Watch the video instead!
These 20 billboards are incredibly clever and I’m sure that they’ll provide a few scientific facts you probably didn’t know.
Science Billboards #1: Tigers will use a litter box.
Science Billboards #2: Lightning strikes 100 times every second.
Science Billboards #3: You grow 121 feet of hair every day.
Science Billboards #4: Sharks can live to be 100.
5) You get taller in space.
6) Your body contains enough carbon to fill 9,000 pencils.
Science Billboards #7: A blue whale’s heart is the size of this car.
8) Diamonds aren’t all that rare.
9) You fart a balloon’s worth of gas a day.
10) 2 ounces of gold can cover a billboard.
11) Japan gets 1,500 earthquakes per year.
12) A beaver can cut down 200 trees a year.
13) Squirrels accidentally plant millions of trees.
14) Two most common fears: clowns and heights.
15) You swallow a liter of snot every day.
16) Humans are allergic to mosquito spit.
17) Cat pee glows under black light.
18) Pearls can weigh up to 6 kilograms.
19) You weigh less on the way down.
20) Mosquitoes love the color blue.
Science is great and these facts almost sound too unbelievable to be true but they are! What is your favorite billboard? Let us know in the comments.
Please share these awesome science facts with your friends and family.