We have seen a lot of innovation over the past 100 years but it has accelerated even more quickly after the advent of computers. Technology has enabled R&D departments to further push innovation by giving them tools to quickly manipulate any type of data. There is some debate as to whether technology has made our lives easier or better but these products are aiming to make the world a better place.
Some things that you have seen in movies such as Back to the Future II or even in cartoons like the Jetsons are now products that you can buy off the shelf. If these incredibly cool gadgets are available today, can you imagine what will be available 10 or 20 years from now?
1) Heat your feet and track your steps with cool gadgets like these smart insoles.
2) A wheelchair that can climb stairs or curbs.
3) An hourglass traffic light that lets you see how much time is left until it turns red or green.
4) Eat a cheeseburger from a can.
5) An ice cream app that lets you enjoy a concerto while waiting for your ice cream to soften.
6) Have a drone deliver beer to your doorstep wherever you are.
7) Place your food in a special “cooling gel” and you’ll never have to open a refrigerator door again.
8) A billboard ad with sensors that can animate based on certain actions like a subway passing by.
9) Forget your mouse, control your computer or games with hand gestures.
10) The progression of memory cards over the years.
11) Smart glass that turns opaque when you lock the door.
12) A robot that continually scans a Rubik’s Cube and solves it in record time.
13) A clock with mechanical arms that continually writes out the time for you.
14) Create doodles in 3D using a 3D printing pen.
15) Cars that drive themselves.
16) Toss your garbage and never miss the trash can.
“The PC calculates where the trash will fall, and communicates it to the can via wireless connection.”
17) A cooking simulator to train aspiring chefs.
18) Translate any sign or text with a phone app.
19) A smart belt that continually adjusts itself to comfortably fit your waist and also measures your activity levels.
It remains to be seen whether all or any of these products will be successful but even if they aren’t, they will inspire other people to refine the idea and create an even better product. Please share these 19 cool gadgets with your friends and family.