Teachers are the backbone of the education system and without them, the world would be a very different place. We all remember one or more teachers that have made a difference in our lives and it’s always amazing when they remember us years later. Just like this retired kindergarten teacher that wrote a letter to one of her students over 30 years later, they can be as happy for our success as we are.
But getting a note from the teacher can be a dreadful feeling for any child. Fortunately, these teacher notes have an important message for parents but sprinkled with a little humor. Here are 17 teacher notes that would make any parent smile!
1) Getting handed teacher notes like this one while picking up your toddler from school is enough to make you want to burn the backpack. Check backpack? Please no.
2) Kids learn a lot of new “words” at home and school and often like to use them in creative ways. I wish I could have heard that poem!
It reads, “Hi Sandra, Kimmy was very proud of her poem (she even tried to rhyme the lines!), but we’re going to try another one next week without the potty language!”
3) All he needed was a little help from his friends. How sweet is that?
It reads, “Fox had been having trouble getting on the potty and today at potty time, Parker holds out her hand walks Fox to the stall and tells him to go potty. He did!”
4) Her lip balm must have smelled delicious!
It reads, “Danica let a friend smell her chap stick and the friend ‘accidentally’ took a bite! Sorry!”
5) Some adults, myself included, would end up in the ‘think about it chair’ if it wasn’t for a couple of cups of coffee in the morning before a meeting.
It reads, “Aysha had a tough day of listening at school. She ended up in the ‘think about it chair’ 2 times. She needed directions repeated several times and still had trouble listening. I told her each day is a new day and hopefully…”
6) I hope the worm in her pocket was found before laundry day.
It reads, “Amara has a worm in her pocket. She did not want to throw it away. I just wanted to give you a heads up!”
7) This is sweet. Daddy’s little girl…
It reads, “Emotional today. She loves her daddy.”
8) I feel his pain but I would trade a day job for preschool any day of the week.
It reads, “Josiah does not want to work. He says it is not fun.”
9) If teachers gave grades for sleeping, I’d be an A+ student.
It reads, “Richone, I can’t give you a grade for sleeping. (This isn’t kindergarten)”
10) When the teacher wants to become the student…
It reads, “Your son keeps popping & locking in class. May I take private lessons?”
11) Sassy little Juliana is extra sassy today!
It reads, “When I told the class to use quiet voices, Juliana said ‘Good luck with that.'”
12) Of course, there is always that time when kids try to make their own teacher’s note to bring home.
It reads (spelling mistakes included), “Mr. and Mrs. Walker, Ther will be no scool this wek so Collin can stay home and play video games. From Mrs. Teague I am the techer!!”
13) Every kid has done something they regret. Thankfully, hair grows back!
It reads, “Demi cut her hair today, I’m so sorry.”
14) Self-confidence and good math skills go hand in hand.
It reads, “During math today, Max was having a hard time following along. When I asked him why he wasn’t doing his math, Max responded “Well, I’m just too good looking!” We talked it over and he has no agreed even good looking people need to know math! He is such a hoot! I hope his self confidence stays with him ALWAYS! – Ms Holt.”
15) I suppose there is no age for wanting to go commando.
It reads, “David had no underwear on at school.”
16) We’ve all heard of pacifiers or sucking your thumb but this could be a problem.
It reads, “Wiley likes to stick his fingers in his mouth until he gags.”
17) I’m an adult and don’t like Brie cheese either so I can relate.
It reads, “Gabby did not like the Brie cheese. As soon as she opened it, she started crying saying it smelled. She did eat the rest of her lunch. Stephany.”
I remember getting notes from the teacher and dreaded it every single time! Please share these hilarious teacher notes that were sent home to kid’s parents with your friends and family.