I’ve seen my shares of restaurant movies where the servers are running non-stop but it’s only a movie. Wait! Turns out, it’s also true in real-life!
If you’ve never experienced life in a restaurant kitchen, it can get intense whether you’re a chef or server. Restaurant servers are no strangers to double shifts and have seen it all. Here are 15 things all restaurant servers will relate to.
1) Servers go thru tons of shoes. Non-slip all the way.
2) Your co-workers? They can relate to any issues you’re having and can be a huge help.
3) By the end of your shift, you will smell like food. Stray dogs will follow you home.
4) No matter where you try to hide, the cooks will eventually find you.
5) Working the weekend sucks but a busy restaurant = lotsa tips.
6) Chefs can be your best friend or make your working life a living hell. Try to build a good relationship with them.
7) After a double-shift, you deserve a nap anywhere you want!
8) Rolling silverware is the bane of your existence.
9) You’re too busy to answer the phone to take orders. But will probably have to anyway.
10) This stack of server books will be gone by the end of the night.
11) A single compliment can make your night a winner.
12) Working when you’re sick (or hungover) is no fun.
13) Shit will happen. Just roll with it.
14) 3 words: tip jar goals.
15) Paychecks can be low and tips are everything. Please tip your servers generously!
I hope you have a better appreciation of what restaurant servers go thru in a day. So, next time you’re at a restaurant and you’ve had good service, please tip generously!
Please share the life of a restaurant server with all your friends and family who love to dine out.