Kids love activities because they instinctively love to create things and not only is it fun for them, they learn valuable skills like problem-solving and teamwork. Science is a particularly interesting subject because generally science is thought of as boring but these activities may help demonstrate how science is fun and get kids interested about science.
All 13 of these fun activities were created by Asia Citro, founder of the blog ‘Fun at home with Kids‘, and they all are incredibly fun projects for kids and adults alike. The reason why Citro’s activities are so fun is because they ignite creativity and make use of all our senses like touch, smell, bright colors to see, and yes even taste in some projects.
1) This fingerpaint that is not only fun for kids and toddlers, it’s scented and edible!
2) Soap foam bubbles are even better when they have all the colors of a rainbow
3) Have fun excavating items frozen in a rainbow ice tower
The limits are endless with what items to choose for your ice tower. Here is how to make your own rainbow ice tower excavation project.
4) Make safe and natural play dough that glows!
Kids love things that glow and this playdough is perfect. Here is how to make all natural glowing playdough.
5) What’s more fun than making sand sculptures? Salt sculptures you can paint afterwards!
Here is how to make painted salt sculptures.
6) Play with magic puffing snow that won’t melt
Here is how to make magic puffing snow.
7) Have a blast with rainbow foam dough
They’ll have fun for hours with this one. Here is how to make rainbow foam dough (or rainbow FUN dough!)
8) Dried colored beans are great for all types of play
Here is how to make colored beans.
9) Playing with colors has never been more fun with safe and edible water beads
10) Make bath time even more fun with safe and edible glowing water
11) Have fun with science by making elephant toothpaste
Here is how to make elephant toothpaste.
12) Play with gooey polka dot slime that can stretch over 9 feet!
13) Create awesome bath foam bombs for bathtime fun
Most store bought toys and crafts usually contain artificial ingredients which makes them unsafe but all of these crafts are made with natural ingredients and many are safe enough to eat if your little ones decide to put some in their mouth. Please visit funathomewithkids.com for more great activities for babies, toddlers, and kids of all ages.
Please share these awesome activities for kids with your friends and family.