The ability to take a photograph and transform it into realistic pieces of art with a brush or even a pencil requires a tremendous amount of skill. These 25 photorealistic art paintings are jaw-dropping because you can’t distinguish whether it’s a painting or it’s reality.
Ten realism artists have impressed me even more with their ability to use artistic tools to create unbelievable works of art. Here are 10 paintings or drawings that look like photographs.
1) Realistic painting by Pedro Campos – Oil on canvas.
2) Raphaella Spence – Oil on canvas.
3) Realistic painting by Vincent Fantauzzo – Oil on Canvas.
This painting of Heath Ledger was made only weeks before the actor’s death.
4) Roberto Bernardi – Oil on canvas.
5) Realistic painting by Yigal Ozeri – Oil on canvas.
6) Ruth Tyson – Pencil and paper.
A striking drawing of Matt Damon as Jason Bourne that took over 200 hours to draw.
7) Realistic painting by Taner Ceylan – Oil on canvas.
8) Andrew Talbot – Oil on board.
9) Matthew Cornell – Oil on wood.
10) Realistic painting by Richard Estes – Oil on canvas.
H/t: Bright Side
It doesn’t matter what medium these talented realism artists use, they create masterpieces that leave you in awe. Please share these paintings and drawings with your friends and family.