We all have routines and habits and generally approach a problem or situation the same way. We learned how to solve a problem a certain way but we never realize that there are possibly better or more efficient ways to achieve the same results.
The most hilarious thing is some of these hacks have been under our noses the entire time! Here are 21 hacks that will make you unlearn certain things you’ve learned throughout your life.
1) Easily serve Pringles by using a piece of paper as a serving tray.
Never have to reach to the bottom of the can or spilling chips on your lap with this handy tip.
2) Space out a circle in your food when reheating in the microwave.
Ever notice the outer edges are always heat up quicker than the middle? Your food will reheat more evenly if you space out the middle and form a ring.
3) Use the bag as a bowl for easy cleanups.
First, fold over the top edge inside the bag then roll and tuck the bottom corners of the bag. Then, gently push the chips up so they overflow from the bag.
4) Wrap a wet paper towel around your beverage and place it in the freezer.
Your drink will be ice cold in only 15 minutes.
5) Who needs a spoon holder when most pots and pans have a hole in the handle.
Any sauce on the spoon simply falls back into the pan!
6) Use a staple remove to add/remove items to your key ring.
No more chipped nails with this tip!
7) Flatten ground meat before freezing it for easy thawing.
When ready to thaw, simply place the bag in cold water and your meat with thaw in less than 30 minutes!
8) The slot on your keychain bottle opener is for opening pop tabs.
So that’s what the slot is for! Another great way to prevent chipped nails.
9) Your bathroom mirror doubles as a dry-erase board.
Write down important reminders for when you wake up. This works best with dry-erase markers but if using a Sharpie, use polish remover to wipe it off.
10) Most wrap roll containers have tabs to lock the roll in place.
Simply press the tabs in on your plastic wrap or tin foil containers to lock that roll and make it easier to dispense.
11) Place the flap on toilet seat covers towards the front.
Placing it this way will actually make it fit better too which is the proper way to place a toilet seat cover.
12) Your pop tab doubles up as a straw holder.
Never have to worry about another straw falling out with this handy tip!
13) Prevent extension cords from unplugging by wrapping their ends together.
This is a must have tip if you’re tying several extension cords together and don’t want to separate when pulling on them.
14) Keep your matching sheet sets together by storing them in the matching pillowcase.
Keep your matching fitted and flat sheet together by storing them in their matching pillowcase. Don’t forget to store the other matching pillowcase in there too!
15) Press down on the coffee lid tab to prevent spilling hot coffee.
Driving with an full coffee cup in your cup holder is bound to spill at some point but not with this tip!
16) Tear sticky notes from side to side to prevent curling.
I always thought sticky notes were always curly but it’s because I’ve been doing it all wrong!
17) Slice your bread upside down to prevent ripping the crust.
Create perfect slices by slicing your loaf of bread upside down!
18) Place a glass of water in the microwave when reheating pasta or meat.
The water will create a moist environment and the steam will prevent your food from getting dry and your pizza crust from getting chewy.
19) Use a fork to prevent your taco from falling over when loading it.
This works great if you have to fill several tacos at a time but you’ll need a fork for every taco shell.
20) Easily empty beverage crates by opening both ends and pulling out the box.
Start by opening one end of the box and place the open end towards the refrigerator. Next, open the opposite end and simply slide out the box while holding the cans in place. I can’t believe I’ve been filling the refrigerator one can at a time my entire life!
21) Use a spring-loaded clothing rod to organize your spray bottles.
A great way to increase your cabinet space and also prevents tipsy spray bottles from always toppling over.
Unlike funny life hacks, these amazing everyday life hacks let us get the most out of everyday products. Please share things you’ve been doing wrong your entire life with your friends and family.